"New-Method" No. 16
We introduce the email bulletin "New-Method" No. 16 with our works and guest contributions.
Let us inform you about the members of "New-Method." Hideki Nakazawa is going to secede on 18th February, 2012. Masaru Kaido (currently, the editor of this bulletin) is going to join on the same day.
This issue features Motoaki Shinohara, the Mabusabi Master who has been advocating and practicing "Method Poem" since he started it about 20 years ago. (Old-)"Method" about 10 years ago had been established with respecting his activities. Present "New-Method" has been established with comparing itself with (Old-)"Method."
Quiet and Rad...
Motoaki Shinohara (Mabusabi Master)
"New-Method" was launched several years after (Old-)"Method" stopped its activity. Then, in the meantime, "New-Method" announced change of its members. I heard it is Hideki Nakazawa to leave, the only core member working throughout both (Old-)"Methiod" and "New-Method."
As the members of (Old-)"Method" was composed of a combination of Method-artist, Method-poet and Method-musician, it was not difficult to understand it in terms of the genre. Needless to say, genre-transversality is one of the (consequent) properties of "Method" so that such genre-oriented understanding could be only a matter of convenience, while the members of "New-Method" remain unclear about their genre, which gives me the impression that it has become more compliant with Methodicism all the more.
In any case, the member change this time will totally renew the members from (Old-)"Method" for the first time. I'm looking forward to seeing what this would bring about.
To me, to be the Methodicist means to be quiet and rad. The artist must be rad. They are rad but not necessarily festive. They are quiet in their attitude of setting a certain rule and committing themselves patiently to its potential through exhausting and exploiting it up. In that sense, the Methodicist is a remarkable existence in the artworld of contemporary Japan.
[Web Works of the New-Methodicists]
- Takahiro Hirama
"The Dessert: Harmony in Red" is the work that Henri Matisse produced
"The Dessert: Harmony in Red" is the work by French artist Henri Matisse(1869-1954) dated 1908.
- Shogo Baba
Ascending Order Sort No. 8 "Quick Sort"
Quick Sort was developed in 1960, generically regarded as the fastest.
- Hideki Nakazawa
Source and Execution No. 82 - 85
These four works share a common XHTML document, each with a different stylesheet just like previous works. The XHTML document is written to generate five kinds of 100 identical boxes, that is, 500 boxes in total. The stylesheet is written by inputting every 10 integers from 10 to 250 regularly for 25 numerical values which define the background and five kinds of boxes. Appearance will change along with balance between window size and magnification, and with the language specifications of either Japanese or English.
- New-Method Night Vol. 4 "Hideki Nakazawa Leaves, and Masaru Kaido Joins New-Method" Feb. 18, 2012, pool, Tokyo. http://mdel.co.jp/pool/
- "Austerities" http://7x7whitebell.net/new-method/austelities_e.html
- New-Method Night Vol. 3 "New-Method Commemoration Celebration Party" (Tenth Dai2kin) http://7x7whitebell.net/new-method/nmn3_e.html
- "New-Method" official webpage has been updated. http://7x7whitebell.net/new-method/
- Takahiro Hirama has updated his website. http://hrmtkhr.web.fc2.com/
- Shogo Baba has updated his website. http://7x7whitebell.net/
- Hideki Nakazawa has updated his website. http://aloalo.co.jp/nakazawa/
- If you would like to receive the email bulletin "New-Method," please let us know.
- This bulletin is free to redistribute while all rights are reserved.
- This bulletin will sometimes be sort into the spam folder. Please be reminded.
This issue is the last occasion for us to see the web work of Mr. Nakazawa as New-Methodicist. Smiling wryly at Austerities, I feel the sorrow of parting. I, Kaido will become a new member of New-Method from the next month. Please keep in touch with "new" New-Method. (Kaido)
Takahiro Hirama @qwertyu1357
Shogo Baba @shogobaba
Hideki Nakazawa @nakaZAWAHIDEKI
Masaru Kaido @kaido1900
Bulletin "New-Method" No. 16 English Version
Published on Feb. 4, 2012
- Multiposted both the else Japanese email and the above English email to both speakers of Japanese and English together with Takahiro Hirama and Shogo Baba.
- This site is made in person by Hideki Nakazawa. See also "Notebook."
- Make contact with Gallery Cellar for Nakazawa's works, writings, lectures and others. Email to email@example.com including CC to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Japanese | NAKAZAWA HIDEKI's homepage